Richmond is trending. In the last few months, Richmond has been recognized by multiple high-profile media outlets for its food, craft beer scene, museums, river, funkiness, history and entrepreneurial spirit. We are so lucky to live and work here.
Here are a few of the accolades that we’ve noticed, and, down below, we throw in some of Alpha Omega’s go-to local places.
Washington Post wrote a glowing review:
We made National Geographic’s list of where to travel for food in 2016:
And Travel and Leisure’s Best Places to Travel in 2016:
And Inc. Magazine noted that Richmond is a great place (3rd place) to start a business:
Richmond does still rank near the bottom for mosquitos, sexually transmitted diseases and pollen.
Here are a few of our favorite recommendations:
- Arts and Theater
a. Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center http://www.artsglenallen.com/ hosts a number of wonderful performances of all types of music, dance and art.
b. Altria Theater- Broadway shows, musicians and comedians perform several times during each year.
- Parks—Henrico County has a number of public parks, several tucked away in busy communities such as Deep Run Park, Meadow Farm Park and Three Lakes Park.
- AW Shucks—Great craft beer selection, just across the line from Henrico in Goochland County off Pouncey Tract Road. Neighbors gather for their live Music, car shows and wine tastings many times during the year.
- Cask Café – New Find – for hanging out with craft beer and sausage and cheese plates.
- Libbie Market – Standard – One of the Poggis is there almost every day for treats, premade dinner, excellent butcher, breakfast.
- Focus Series Lectures at VMFA – Buy a slightly premium VMFA membership and get access to eight great lectures every year about specific art subjects given by visiting experts.
- The Rogue Gentlemen – We know we’ll get a great, fun meal with cocktails here.
- Mekong – best beer bar in America two years running… I also hear their food is pretty good.
- James River – great place to go running or to walk your dog.
Craig Forbes, CIMA®, is the Co-Principal and Founder of Alpha Omega Wealth Management. Craig has over 25 years of experience in the banking and financial services industry. For feedback or questions regarding this blog post, please contact Craig at email@example.com.